A trendy family resort in Mauritius
One of the best family resorts in Mauritius, Le Canonnier stands proudly above the coastline on a historic peninsula. Le Canonnier enhances the authentic Mauritian atmosphere with commanding views over the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean, lush tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks. Bearing testimony to the island’s historical past are ruins of a lighthouse and fortress blending seamlessly into the tropical gardens.
Le Canonnier is situated on a classified historic site framed by a succession of coves and enjoys an outstanding geographical position opposite the islands dotting the northern coast of Mauritius. A two-century-old banyan tree houses a unique massage centre. The mini-club is set in an 19th century lighthouse and its cascading ponds are a delight for families.
Unique Selling Points |
• Situated within close distance of the village of Grand Bay (5km)
• Set on a peninsula facing out onto the small islands of the north coast
• An ideal family hotel with suitable accommodation comprising 2-bedroom and 2-bathroom apartments
• A ‘milk kitchen’ with exclusive facilities reserved for parents with children under the age of 3
• Cascading swimming pools and ponds in the heart of a 17-acre tropical garden
• A wellness and massage centre nestled in a two-century-old tree
• Three restaurants including Le Navigator, with a direct view of Coin de Mire island
• A variety of activities including archery and introduction yoga classes
• An optional all-inclusive package
• Package features are interchangeable with Le Mauricia Hotel
• 48 Standard sea-facing – Bathroom with bath and toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 56 Standard garden & pool view – Bathroom with shower and toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 62 Superior sea-facing – Bathroom with bath, toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 50 Superior garden & pool view – Bathroom with bath, toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 24 Family Duplexes sea-facing – Parents’ room and mezzanine with twin beds for children – Bathroom with bath and toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 20 Family Duplexes garden & pool view – Parents’ room and mezzanine with twin beds for children – Bathroom with bath and toilets – Terrace/balcony.
• 20 Family Apartments garden view – 1 bedroom with double bed and bathroom with bath, shower and toilets – 1 bedroom with twin beds (and possibility of a third bed) and bathroom with shower and toilets – Terrace.
• 4 Honeymoon Suites sea-facing – Bathroom with bath, shower and separate toilets – Lounge – Two television sets – Terrace/balcony.
FEATURES OF THE ROOMS
• Individually controlled air-conditioning • Hair-dryer • Individual safe • Telephone with international direct dialling
• Television (satellite channels)
• Mini-bar with complimentary tea and coffee • Electricity: 220 Volts
• Kids club (free for children aged 3 to 12)
• Baby-sitter (24-hour notice)
• Baby care room • Boutiques
• Excursions • Car hire • Fax
• Departure lounge with shower
• Complimentary WIFI access (in specific common areas)
RESTAURANTS & BARS |
• Daytime: casual
• Night-time: casual smart – shirt and trousers
LE FRANGIPANIER – seats 500
Main restaurant fringed by a pool and spacious terrace shaded by coconut trees.
Separate kids corner with its own buffet and restaurant furniture.
• Breakfast: buffet style from 7.30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Lunch: buffets, pizzas, pastas and grills from 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
• Dinner: themed buffets from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
LE NAVIGATOR – seats 120
Restaurant offering a magnificent view of the ocean and northern islands.
• Lunch: “à la carte” from 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
• Dinner: (on reservation) from 7.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. “à la carte” menu* or lobster menu (with supplement).
The restaurants & bars at Le Mauricia are also open to guests of Le Canonnier (à la carte restaurants on reservation).
LA SERENATA – seats 40
Cosy restaurant serving Italian cuisine.
• Dinner: (on reservation) from 7.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. “à la carte” menu *
LE PLANTEUR Bar
Bar and terrace overlooking a landscaped water feature in the gardens. Open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Sandwiches: from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
LE NAVIGATOR Bar – Open from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m
WELLNESS CENTRE – Le Banian, Six massage cabins built at the heart of an age-old banyan tree.
• Water-skiing • Windsurfing • Sailing • Glass-bottom boat • Pedal boat
• Kayak • Initiation to scuba diving in the pool • Scuba diving • Snorkelling
• Aquagym • Deep-sea fishing
• Stand-up paddle
• Tennis (3 floodlit courts) • Table tennis • Volley-ball • Mountain-biking
• Billiards • Bocciball • Stretching
• Initiation to yoga • Archery
N.B. All sports are free of charge except: scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, mountain biking, tennis balls.
• Resident band 6 evenings a week
• Sport activities during the day
• Disco-bar open from 11 p.m.
Beachcomber Le Canonnier Offers 20% Off their Best Available Offers for Crewconnected members
Special travel and tourism industry discounts are applicable on top of “Early Booking Offer” the “Late Booking Offer” the “Wedding and Honeymoon Offer” the “Family Specials” & the “Long Stay Offer”
Make your booking request here – firstname.lastname@example.org Quote “CREWCONNECTED” to ensure Crewconnected Interline Rates
Rules and regulations
Proof of identity – All travel and tourism partners must prove their eligibility* to access preferential rates. They must fill in a detailed profile on Beachcomber Hotels’ website before travelling to Mauritius. Furthermore, when check-in at the Beachcomber hotel of their choice, they will need to produce a valid professional ID (with a valid IATA number for travel agents) as well as an official letter from their manager on the company letterhead.
Should they fail to produce the required information, they will be asked to settle their account at the standard rate.
- The travel and tourism special discounts listed above are only applicable to travel and tourism partners and their immediate family members (who must travel with them)
- A maximum of three rooms can be booked over the same period
- To benefit from preferential rates, all industry partners must:
- Fill in a detailed profile on Beachcomber Hotels’ website before travelling to Mauritius
- Produce a valid professional ID (with a valid IATA number for travel agents) as well as an official letter from their manager on the company letterhead upon check-in
- Should one fail to produce the required information, the normal standard rate will be charged
- Bookings are subject to availability
- The number of rooms available may be limited
- Blackout dates may apply
Confirmation of booking: on request basis
Payment conditions: full payment should reach the company before guests’ departure from the hotel (i.e. upon check-out)
Cancellation and no show: no fees in case of cancellation or no show